Long time no see :)
With the amazing weather changes we have had the last few weeks, it's safe to plan an outdoor party or event during the summer. The chances for bad weather in Germany is not that big. Research shows that Germany has more sunshine hours this year than last year...... So guys, are you planning an event, a party or just a get together, make it different and do it outdoor.
This blogpost is actually inspired from snapchat or Instagram, I don't remember, but I have seen the cutest and most adorable ideas for outdoor parties ..... I am gonna share a few tips and tricks, how to arrange your next outdoor event.
Date, time and duration
My first tip is to carefully choose a date. It is important that the weather is good, and people feel comfortable spending time outside the entire time, so the weather has to be on point. Nothing is more screwed than a outside party and the rain pours down. If you know it's going to be a outdoor party, do not push it to the end of September. In Germany I would recommend to set the date between June and September. In May we still tend to have unpredictable weather, and the same goes for end September.
When it comes to the time of the day, I would recommend to do it early afternoon.... The weather will most probably be the best at noon and onwards. Noon can seem a bit too early, so 14-15 is a good startimg time. If there are kids invited, this time is very good, after the lunch at home, and after their midday nap.....
The duration of the party can vary depending on the mood, the guests and the weather. Families with kids will most probably leave earlier, but the good thing about having a outdoor party is that, it's not always that formal, but a more relaxed atmosphere. This allows the party to end, when people no longer is having fun.
Guests, location and theme
My recommendation is that, if the party is for young people, it's best to invite a lot of people. For the young audience, the party will only be a success, if there is a lot of people in a small area. If it is for kids, make sure to have a lot of space and a lot of different areas/stations for the kids to be entertained. I will get more into details with that part later on. Are we talking about adults, there is no such "rule" whether to invite many or few guests. Personally I like an outdoor get together with a few people, but are we talking about a celebration I would prefer a fair amount of people, as long as everything is really nicely done, when it comes to the details.
The location can either be in the backyard, or a public place, which can be closed to only the invited guest. There is nothing annoying as much as people who is not invited, who is peeking into your private party. So in case the party has to be outdoor public, make sure that it is allowed to have a private celebration, and discuss the possibilities in order to make it as private as possible. Several restaurants and other caters, have places that can be rented out for such occasions. The private backyard can even be very cosy, when arranging it the proper way with lights and decorations. A beach is also a nice idea, and the theme can be something with the water. The ideas for locations are endless, and inspirations can be found everywhere online.
For an outdoor party I think it's important to have a theme for the party. A outdoor party can quickly seem unorganized and a bit of a mixture of everything. Here I think a theme that can go through the entire party, from decorations, to table settings, to the food to the entertainment. By having a theme, the party seems more organized and it looks quite professional. A theme is important whether it's a birthday party, a engagement party or even just a get together. It should also be visual in the different activities which is planned for the event.
I have found some good ideas and tips for a outdoor party, that might be helpful if you are going to plan one.
- we all know that, when throwing a outdoor party, one of the most annoying things are the bugs. In order to keep them away, you can easily make a beautiful candle setting, which can be a decoration, give a cosines to the party and keep the bugs away. Be sure to to add the citronella oil and the night will be much more pleasant.
- the weather will most probably be very nice, and therefore, the little small extra could be a small basket with sunscreen, bugspray and other things which people would not nessecerly bring from home. This is a little extra that really makes the guest feel it's a great party.
- are we talking about a kids party, and the weather is forecasted to be very hot, create a waterballoon piñata so the kids can go, from time to time and cool off. Another great idea is to have a portable swimming pools filled with water, either to cool down their feet, or to take a quick dip.
- the outdoor party will always be a relaxed chilled party. In fact that is the best part of an outdoor party. The food and beverages can be served buffet style. Create a open bar and a buffet so the guest can serve themselves whenever they feel like eating or drinking something. A burger station, a candy bar etc.
- in the evening, where the sun is going down and starts to get dark, one of the best part of a outdoor party is a bonfire. Gathering around the bonfire gives the best feeling. It would be the perfect end of a great party. In case there is a bonfire, make sure to create a s'mores station, with graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. A bonfire with s'mores is the absolute best thing.
- is there a tree at the location, create a wodden frame and hang it in the tree..... This is a cool idea for a alternative photo booth for the guest. Make sure there is proper light so the guest can create great memories.
There is so many great ideas online for theme, decorations, different DYI ideas. It is actually easy to create a very unique and outstanding garden party. I am not sure how many of you are familiar with Pinterest. But by downloading this app, you are able to find inspiration and pictures for anything you are looking for. I myself use it a lot for cakes and other recipes. Anyway, a great app I use for inspiration, specially party ideas. Below I have found some pictures on google and Pinterest as inspiration
Anyway, I am totally hooked after all the Pinterest and research about garden parties. Who knows, I might be hosting a party before the season ends :)
Guys if you do have a outdoor or garden party, please tag us on the pictures, and we will share your pictures on our Facebook and Instagram. Tag us and use the Hashtag #KondattamDE
Until next time